Wednesday, March 19, 2008

There's good news and there's bad news


Bad news

I spent $75.00 on an army man costume and a very realistic toy gun. I then spent 5.5 hours editing pictures of myself in the costume, to make it look like a real soldier. It took so long to edit the pictures because I was combining three images into one. Each of the four images contains elements from the following:

1. The images from the original poster.
2. New pictures of me in a costume holding a gun.
3. Faces from various personal photos of mine.

**note RE the top right image, the costume I wore for that was a towel on my head and a sheet around my body, and some pajama pants that were too short for me.


The Faces

Top left: My friend Leo's face
Bottom right: My face
Bottom left: A face I drew using illustrator
Top right: A combination with my grandmother's face and my face, lol


Good news

My rally poster from GRD 3000 looks much better from a graphic standpoint. Also, with careful folding, I may be able to return the costume. =^)

Original:


New and Improved:


Newer and more improved:
(yes or no on the textured background? I vote yes)


4 comments:

KP said...

i vote yes too!

Drewbius Maximus said...

Yes, indeed. I feel better about the color palette on the texturized design, too.

saeideh said...

It's lovely!

stan anderson said...

hey its me!
I know this isn't work from my class, but I like the texture as well...also, I might think of changing the typeface of "rally to bring the troops home? Feels too close to the type at the bottom info..
maybe change the weight or make it more of a headline or color or something that will make it more of a 'battle cry" ....stan