Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Spotlight Brochure


This brochure had some limitations:

Use black and gold
Use the horrendous Spotlight logo
8.5 x 11
Landscape
Center fold

Anyway, there's my disclaimer.

The bold, heavy type on the solid color serves as a reference to a spotlight. A spotlight exposes/draws focus to something; in this case, the type.

FRONT


INSIDE


BACK


For some reason, I like it better in print than in digital. I don't know why printing seems to help or hurt the design sometimes. I always feel like a piece looks either better on screen, or better printed out... is it just me?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

i like the way you did the lettering. the continuous text. its very hard to work in a creative way for GSU's strict guidelines..

Joe said...

Thanks. Unfortunately, they do not like that though. They said, "it's confusing..." This is for Spotlight though, and as you can see from their logo (which they made), we have very different design styles.

Anyway, I'm redoing the entire thing bceause they also want a tri-fold now. Should be nice though, I will keep it neat and clean.

John said...

Come on, we're supposed to be college students -- I don't see how that's confusing at all! That was actually my favorite part, the big flowing slab serif text. Show us what you do next, meanwhile you can save this idea for another project.

Joe said...

That was my favorite part, it was Milam inspired, so of course you like it. You are good at the big type like that, so I gave it a try.